Tummy Tuck Baton Rouge
Plastic Surgery Center of Baton Rouge
John V. Williams, MD
Plastic Surgeon located in Baton Rouge, LA & Alexandria, LA
Before and After Tummy Tuck
Tummy Tuck Q & A
What’s a Tummy Tuck?
Tummy Tuck surgery removes excess fat and skin from your abdomen and restores weakened muscles, creating a smooth and firm tummy. Dr. Williams performs both mini Tummy Tucks and full Tummy Tucks.
Mini Tummy Tuck
This procedure targets the lower half of your abdomen, below your belly button. If you have excess skin that causes a little pooch of fat between your belly button and pubic area, a mini Tummy Tuck may be right for you. Dr. Williams doesn’t move your belly button during a mini Tummy Tuck.
Full Tummy Tuck
Two new advances in Tummy Tuck
- Exparel Injection: This is a long-acting local anesthetic that is injected into the abdominal muscles. This injection delivers a continuous local anesthesia over about a three day period. Because of this, there is significantly less pain. You will not need as much pain medication and will have a more comfortable and faster recovery.
- TissuGlu: TissuGlu is a surgical adhesive that seals the abdominal skin to the abdominal wall. This prevents the fluid accumulation and the need for drains. This “Drainless Tummy Tuck” allows for better quality and faster recovery.
Who gets Tummy Tuck surgery?
Tummy Tuck surgery creates a firm and smooth abdomen. It’s not a procedure to help you lose weight but may help restore skin tone after weight loss.
Men and women get Tummy Tuck surgery for a variety of reasons:
- Firming up the abdomen after pregnancy
- Removing excess skin after extreme weight loss
- Restoring skin tone after weight loss surgery
What’s a drain-free Tummy Tuck?
Drains are uncomfortable and often induce anxiety, but drain-free Tummy Tucks allow you to return to normal activities quickly.
Dr. Williams offers drain-free Tummy Tuck surgery, which uses TissuGlu, a surgical adhesive that glues the tissue layers of your abdomen together, reducing the need for drains after your Tummy Tuck. Using TissuGlu helps speed up recovery time.
What’s recovery like after a Tummy Tuck?
Dr. Williams provides detailed instructions about the care that follows a Tummy Tuck. You should be able to return to work after about two weeks, as long as the job doesn’t involve excessive lifting, pushing, or pulling activity.
Pain Reduction Tummy Tuck
Exparel Pain Reduction for Tummy Tuck Surgery